AIIMS guidelines of corona virus (COVID-19)
Covid – 19 be careful not to be afraid
Rate the myths of Corona, become aware of the right knowledge, follow the rules of cough – etiquette, hand hygiene and personal care, and share the right information related to caution through proper means.
What is covid – 19?
Covin-19 is an infectious disease that spreads due to the recently discovered novel corona virus.
How does corona virus (COVID-19) spread?
* When a person who suffers from this disease sneezes or coughs, a lot of their droppings and droplets of saliva are spread in the air or fall on the ground and surrounding surfaces.
* If another person is standing near the patient while sneezing or coughing or touches the surfaces where the bundle extends and then touches the face, eyes or mouth with his hands, he may become infected.
* If a person is less than one meter away from the infected person, then the infection is more likely to spread.
What happens to the person who suffers from corona virus (COVID-19).
* Most individuals (80%) do not require any treatment, they recover automatically.
* Some people (<20%) need to be treated in hospital.
* Very few people require treatment in I-C-U.
In which age does corona virus (COVID-19) spread? Does this disease also occur in children?
* This disease can spread to all ages.
* It can also spread to children through another person suffering from illness in the home.
* In children, these infections are usually mild.
* Elderly and those who already have high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, heart and liver related diseases, this disease can spread very easily and proves fatal.
How long can the corona virus survive on a surface or an object.
* There is no definite estimate of how long the Kovid-19 virus can survive on a surface. This virus is also like other corona virso.
* Studies show that these viruses can survive for a few hours to a few days and the duration depends on the size of the surface – type, temperature and humidity.
* If you feel that some place is infected, then it should be cleaned with simple disinfectant and should help to protect itself and others.
* Clean your hands with alcohol-based liquids or wash them with soap and water.
* Avoid touching your eyes, mouth or nose.
What are the common symptoms of the disease corona virus (COVID-19)?
* Fever, sore throat, cough and shortness of breath.
* Symptoms of any viral infection like common cold, influenza etc.
Whom should I consult about corona virus (COVID-19)?
You should consult your family physician if you have symptoms of respiratory tract infections, as well as any of the following doubts,
* Travel history of the Corona virus affected area.
* Close contact with a person infected with the corona virus.
What tests of corona virus (COVID-19) done and where are they to be done?
If you do not have any symptoms (you have cough, fever or difficulty breathing) If you have any of the above symptoms and have traveled to any of the COVID-19 affected countries or you have a laboratory confirmed positive case. Are in contact So call the state helpline immediately or the phone number of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
24×7 helpline i. e. 011 – 23978046 and free service number: 1075
The helpline desk will note your contact details and covid-19. Contact you with the test protocol. If you according to the protocol. If found suitable for testing, you will be tested in a government approved laboratory only.
Is there any treatment for corona virus?
* To date there is no specific treatment for corona virus (covid-19) infection.
* Symptomatic treatment consists in the treatment of corona virus infection.
* Since it is a viral infection, in over 80% of cases it resolves within a few days.
If they are showing signs of serious illness, they may need admission to a hospital / ICU.
COVID-19 – 19 Are there any specific medicines available for the treatment of corona virus infection.
* No, because there is no specific anti-viral medicine available for the treatment of symptoms of infection until now, although most people recover without medication, as in any other viral disease.
* Some medicines used for other corona virus infections are being tried in very ill patients.
How can I protect myself and my family members fromc virus (COVID-19) ?
You can reduce your chances of getting infected or spreading Cobid-19 by taking a few simple precautions:
* Clean your hands regularly and thoroughly by rubbing them with an alcohol-based hand, or wash them with soap and water after coming out or with a corona virus infection.
* Keep a distance of at least 1 meter (3 feet) from yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
* Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
* Make sure that you and the people around you follow good respiratory stimulation. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing. Then immediately put the used tissue in the covered garbage vessel.
* Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, pay attention to therapy.
Who should wear a mask?
People who have no symptoms do not use masks. Medical masks should not be used by healthy individuals who have no symptoms. Because it creates a false sense of security which may lead to neglect of other necessary measures such as washing hands
In such a situation, the more effective steps are:
1. Wash hands repeatedly with soap and water for 20 seconds. 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer should be used for 20 seconds. If the hands are dirty or dirty, do not use alcohol-based hand sanitizers, but wash hands with soap and water.
2 . Cover nose and mouth with handkerchief and paper tissue while coughing or sneezing. If a handkerchief or tissue paper is not available, cough in a flexed elbow. Remove the tissue immediately after use and wash hands.
3. Touching the face, mouth, nose and eyes should be avoided.
4. Stay at least meters away from coughing or sneezing.
5. Monitor your body temperature.
When and who should use a medical mask (other than a health care worker)?
* When a person has a cough or fever disorder. The use of a medical three layer mask, if ill, will prevent your infection from spreading to others. However, you also need to wash your hands frequently to avoid spreading the infection to others.
* While visiting a healthcare facility.
* When you are caring for a sick person.
* Close family contacts of such suspected / confirmed cases undergoing home care should also use triple layer medical masks.
What is the role of hand sanitizer in corona virus (COVID-19) ?
* Hand sanitizer should be used when you are taking care of patients infected with corona virus.
* In general, washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds is a good option in homes / offices.
* Do not use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if hands are dirty or dirty, but wash hands with soap and water.
Is there any role of specific foods / drinks in the treatment of corona virus infection?
There is no recommendation on any particular diet, although a person can take his regular diet, which includes fruits, vegetables, etc., to stay healthy.
Are there any vaccines available for the treatment of corona virus infection?
As of now, there is no vaccine available for the treatment of covid-19 infection.
Are we well equipped to deal with the corona virus crisis?
* If the patients need treatment in the hospital, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has taken adequate steps to equip the designated health facilities for the care of patients with the infected corona virus.
* On the website of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW), relevant information for isolation of infectives and home quarantine, sample testing, laboratory facilities and discharge of admitted patients are well available in the public domain.
What is the common myth of corona virus (COVID-19)?
1. Does the disease spread through non-vegetarian food, especially by eating chicken, eggs and meat?
There is no conclusive evidence that cooked properly. Hua food transmits disease.
2 . Does this disease spread to pets?
Transmission of the disease from pets has not been observed. .
3. Does the corona virus infect a dead body infection?
There is no transmission of corona virus infection from the dead person’s body.
How can I help prevent corona virus (COVID-19)?
* A good personal hygiene, hand washing and coughing – can help by following etiquette.
* One can avoid unnecessary travel, attend public functions and ensure a proper social distance.
* It can greatly contribute to breaking the chain of active infection.
Which helpline numbers can be contacted if required?
The helpline number for Corona virus is: + 91 – 11 – 23978046
Free service number: 1075
For more information and updates, visit the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
What is the recovery time for the coronavirus disease?
What happens when you get the coronavirus disease?
How severe is the coronavirus disease?
What is the official name of the coronavirus disease?
Coronavirus Breaking News
coronavirus death toll